Time is a highly valuable commodity in the business world. There are only so many hours in a day and being able to maximise them is critical to business efficiency. This is why technology is so important to businesses as they save time by getting more things done in less time. However, with the sheer number of digital technologies available today, it can be challenging to choose the best tools to use for your business. To help you out, we've picked five of the most useful tools for SMEs:
Software as a Service (SaaS) apps
Thanks to the multitude of SaaS apps available, the mundane yet time-consuming and tedious business functions can now be automated. By automating tasks, you'll have more time to spend on your core business activities. Here are two great examples of SaaS:
- Micronet supply chain software - designed to streamline the daily processing of sales data and inventory as well as to provide wholesale distribution businesses with the information they need to operate efficiently.
- MailCleaner Anti Spam Gateway - a cloud-based anti-spam software that protects a business' computer from malware, thereby reducing the time needed to filter out spam messages and viruses.
Voice over Internet Protocol or VoIP is a service that is designed to provide you cheaper call rates by utilising the internet to carry voice calls to any telephone worldwide. Apart from that, a VoIP business phone system also provides a range of other features that can benefit your small business. This includes voicemail to email transcription, follow me call routing, bandwidth utilisation, call screening and conferencing. Of course, these features may vary depending on the packages offered by VoIP providers.
Cloud computing can help you streamline your operations, allowing you to focus on staying competitive. Basically, it allows you to store and manage your files over the internet. As simple as it may seem, cloud computing actually provides a host of benefits. It reduces your IT spending by eliminating the need to buy storage hardware. Also, since your files are stored on the web, you can easily access and share them from anywhere. This means you can collaborate with your team even when you're on the road. To move your business to the cloud, you could use the document scanning and management solutions by Paper Escape.
Web marketing tools
Having a website is a typical expectation of businesses these days, regardless of how big or small they are. But it doesn't end with just setting up a web page for your company. In fact, it's only the beginning to creating a presence and marketing your business online. There are many other tools and strategies involved, such as SEO, social media, pay-per-click advertising and mobile apps. It can be quite overwhelming to get started, but you can ease into it with the help of experts.
- Jdpseo - an online marketing company offering SEO, PPC, email and social media strategies and campaigns.
- Miller Gold Tech Software Outsourcing - provider of innovative digital business solutions, including mobile web development, e-commerce site creation and app integration.
- Pam Plus Online Marketing Consultant - provides a range of marketing vehicles, such as mobile apps, social media and e-books, to businesses in the hospitality industry.
It's impossible to maximise the benefits of running your own website when you don't have a broadband service. And since online marketing is like a race to chasing customers, it's important for your company to have a broadband service that delivers the performance you need. Choosing the right service provider is crucial to your profitability, so be sure to pick a reputable company, like SpinTel.
Digital technologies can work well to your advantage, especially when you choose the right tools that suit your business' needs.
More pages for further reading: